15.09 Release notes (June 25, 2015)
Recs+Email New Features
Introduction of a Responsive Design – Removing the Dependency on Image Maps
- This new design will allow you to have different layouts on different devices (i.e. web versus mobile). With the new design, you can choose to use the existing integration that relies on image maps, or you can move to the more responsive design that allows for this additional flexibility.
- For more information on integration, check with your account manager and see the updated documentation, including an updated implementation guide, which can be found here:
More Frequent Recommendation Refreshes in Emails (every 48 hours)
- Up until now, recommendations in emails were cached (stored) for long periods of time, and they did not refresh when users re-opened their mails. The number one ask from customers has been to reduce this refresh time.
- We’ve listened! Going forward, we will be refreshing recommendations in emails every 48 hours so that recommendations do not get stale and represent your most current recommendations strategies.
- Having fresher recommendations should lead to better recommendation performance in your email campaigns and give you more flexibility in manage those recommendations while a campaign is in flight.
- This will require no work on your behalf to enable.
Multiple Scalability Enhancements
- We are always looking for ways to improve the performance of our products, and with this release we've made a significant investment in our infrastructure for Recs+Email, adding a number of new data centers to support the increased appetite for this product from our customers.
recsForPlacement API now includes new parameters - Strategy Name, MVT Treatment ID
- The API now has includeStrategyData = true/false or 1/0. If this request parameter is included and set to "true" or "1" or "yes", each placement in the JSON response to the recsForPlacements request will include the strategy name. Example: "strategyName":"CategorySort"
- The MVT treatment ID parameter is now also available to be returned in the API
New Omnichannel Strategies: RelatedToCart
- For clients who are loading offline transactions - we have just enabled six additional omnichannel strategies to use offline data as part of offline and omnichannel versions of the following strategies: RelatedToCart, RelatedToCart filtered by Category, Related to Cart filtered by Views.
Portal update of placements issue now resolved.