What’s new in 16.09
The RichRelevance 16.09 release on July 18, 2016, includes the following client-facing updates:
- Advanced Merchandising bug fixes for processing attribute values.
- Dashboard - A new version of the MVT UI is being created. This version will be available within the next few releases.
- Discover - The type ahead search api supports UTF-8 character encoding.
- Recommend - Improvements to processing attribute values for Advanced Merchandising rules.
- Science - 1) Work continues to complete on the new machine-learning based King of the Hill (KOTH). 2) Improvements to MVT data collection to support the new MVT UI. This will be available within the next few releases.
- Bug fixes for processing some attribute values.
- Browser/Platform values can be used in AM rules.
Bug fixes and improvements
- Localization support was added to the new MVT UI
- Added support for multi-currency to the new MVT UI
- Additional bug fixes for the new MVT
- Type ahead api earlier supported only Latin-1 based languages. Now UTF-8 support has been added.
Advanced Merchandising rules can leverage matching CNET attribute values from the seed product.
- Advanced Merchandising Rules can now leverage matching a CNET attribute X from the seed product with a CNET attribute Y on the recommendation products. For example, a laptop may have and attribute Display/ diagonal size (in) , previously you could not use the value of that attribute to select products that have a laptop bag Compatibility Dimensions / Notebook Compatibility . This feature will allow migration of clients who leveraged similar functionality in ICS off of that product.
KOTH (King of the Hill) improvements
- Updates to KOTH (King of the Hill) processing to improve the quality of product recommendations.
Improvements to MVT data collection and processing
- The new MVT UI will utilize the improved data processing values.